Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ahh... My Virgin Boys....

Last night I gave two of my virgin crested gecko boys a crack at breeding (Pongo and Inigo). Neither one got the deed even close to done!! Pongo pretty much slept and wasn't remotely even interested in his date (Perdi), and though Inigo was slightly more successful, still nothin'. He got the girl (Liebchen) by the neck as necessary, but then got a little too excited and caused them to fall to the bottom of the cage... whereupon she ran and hid up in the top of a hollow plastic log where he couldn't get to her. *sigh* After that he just wasn't interested.

I'm afraid this year will be like last year - I gave them both an opportunity last year and neither was successful then either. Inigo even had a nice experienced, tolerant girl to practice on, but he just never lined up and did the actual deed. I don't know what I'm going to do with these boys!! I'll keep trying but they're certainly frustrating me. I've got these two males who can't be bothered to make babies, and then the other two who regularly try to make them with my hand!! Pongo and Inigo don't have to go that far, but for goodness sakes gentlemen, make an effort.

I'll give them more opportunities soon because I was really hoping for babies from both this year (I'm breeding later than most breeders on purpose, but I do hope they "do things" sooner rather than later, especially as several babies from Liebchen and Panic are already spoken for in a deal with their previous owner). So please everybody, send the baby-gecko-making vibes to my house, they are sorely needed. Maybe I'll start piping some Barry White into the gecko room...

No comments:

Post a Comment