Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What was Lost is Found

Tonight as I was misting and removing dishes for soaking, I noticed one gecko hadn't touched his food. He always does, so I went looking for him to check on him (he's always hidden in the evenings). Couldn't find him in his cage and I knew I wasn't missing him. Crap. Lost gecko. Lost in a walk-in closet full of clothes, shoes, boxes, and more. Double crap. I've lost geckos before but never with this much stuff in there (I'm staying at this house temporarily while my husband is deployed).

I was not feeling well tonight so was not up to a full-scale pull-everything-apart gecko search. He couldn't have been out of his cage more than 2 days so I decided to do a once over, and then turn out the lights, wait a bit, and look again. Then tomorrow I'd do everything I could to find him. So I finished misting everybody and did my once over. Just as I was about to leave and turn out the lights I simply looked up from bending over, and right at on a shelf at eye level - bam:


Yup, that's right, he decided to go ahead and make his grand escape into... a jar. Granted it was completely on the other side of the room and he had to make quite the trek, but still, really?! Every other escapee I've found has been quite hidden, curled up somewhere dark and secluded. Apparently this guy isn't worried about such trivial things when choosing his hiding place.

In any case, I kind of got a kick out of it after seeing that he was ok. Defintely very thirsty, but he will be just fine. What a weird gecko. Good thing he's pretty. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I missed this story. Funny little guy. I love you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, is that the Vet's Park from when we were in Florida?

    ReplyDelete