Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kiddos leaving the nest...

I always am a bit sad when shipping geckos off, or passing them off to their new owners. My little ones have always had a lot of time put into them and were definitely not cared for as just "one more" in my collection. Each gecko I own is special to me. But these two are going to wonderful homes where I know I will receive updates, so that makes the "hand-off" much easier!

First went a juvenile gargoyle, currently unnamed. She went to the home who bought my leachie a few weeks ago. I wasn't suprised when their wonderful family came back - the mother fell in love with Frank (the kiddo's father) when she came to get Gherkin and both her and her son were very interested in the gargoyles. If you haven't heard - Rhacs are like potato chips, you can't just have one! (I'm living proof. It all started with one here too.) Enjoy your new home, little one! Here she is fully fired, though this is an older photo:


The second little one to leave the nest was a holdback of mine, but I'm trying to thin out my holdbacks because I have outstanding ones from last year and recent hatchlings from my lavender project that I think will be equally amazing. It was a true orange brindle with reverse pinning (seems like you don't see that color so much, it's either red or yellow, not a true orange...)/end muse. This is going to be this person's first gecko and she is so excited. :) She did her research and asked a lot of questions, I felt quite comfortable about sending the little one home with her and I know it'll be spoiled rotten! Again, an older photo but still a good representation:


Weighing my options for spring breeding! Leaning towards adding to Frank's harem at the moment, I really do love raising gargoyle babies. They're so chunky when they hatch and seem much less fragile than cresties. Heck, they weigh twice as much or more at hatch! I don't have any stripes in the mix so that cold be a fun addition. I'll keep you all in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment